Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dr. Brittany

Sorry I didn't get my preview posted last night.  We had a very unexpected death in the family yesterday.  My Godmother Rubye lost her son to leukemia.  I have been very close to her all my life even though I did not know her son that well.  Please include her and her family in your prayers this week if you would.

So this morning I am sharing with you Dr Brittany!  How adorable is she?  My kids never really doctored their stuffed animals and dolls, but they sure did play with them.  Brittany is another of the 6 new stamps in the Jude and the Rockers Just for Fun Collection being released this Friday from Simply B Stamps.


I wanted some soft colors for her so I chose to use more of the Little Yellow Bicycle line that I used for my last card.  The sentiment is from an old Verve Stamps set.



Once again I used my new Spectrum Noir markers for this image and I am very pleased at how they are working!  I did find that my digi images need to dry before coloring with the speccies longer than with copic markers.  But otherwise they blend beautifully!  Here's the colors that I used:



OK, so hop over to the SImply B Stamps blog to see more inspiration from our DT with this cutie!  And we will have a new image to share with you tonight so be sure to check back!

Challenge List:
Crafty Emma: Button It
Crafty sentiments: for a child
Belli Challenge: children
Lexi Creations: punches or dies
Crafter's Companion: four legged friends


9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your and your godmother's loss. Definitely thinking of you guys. Very cute job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I am so sorry for your loss! That is just terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Great card and design. Love that cute image, so sweet.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute, adorable image, thanks for joinin us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card with all the pastels and little bows. :O)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the gingham bows on the buttons! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry about your God-mother's son, so sad. Cancer sucks. :( Your card is just adorable, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lovely thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card and I love how you went around the image with the dots border! So fun to have the bows on both sides - too cute! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)