Monday, July 2, 2012

Stampendous! Citrus Colors Challenge

OK peeps, so here's a little heads up...Stampendous! is starting a new challenge this coming Saturday July 7th....citrus colors!  You still have until the end of this week to submit your Summer themed projects but since its technically July already we decided to go ahead and let you in on the next challenge so you can think ahead!


I thought I would show you this tag that I created for the April Stampendous! catalog featuring the new Jumbo Cottage Rose set.  I stamped my rose in Versamark ink then embossed it with Detail Clear Embossing Powder.

Next I sponged some Tim Holtz distress ink onto the tag (the embossed areas will resist the color) in Shabby Shutters. Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Dried Marigold, and Spiced Marmalade.



Calligraphy Sampler was then stamped in Spiced Marmalade over the tag which gave it a very subtle added texture all over.  I then added the border from Cottage Rose in Memento Black ink to the upper right and the small rose from Friendly Phrases in black to the bottom right.  Ribbons are all from May Arts.


The sentiment was also stamped in black and is also  from the Friendly Phrases Perfectly Clear set.  Edges were also inked in black.  

In the bottom corner I added some hand-dyed color fragments.  I used the Taupe Color Fragments because they were the lightest color, put some in a ziploc bag, then added Paprika Red and Gold Star Color Solutions alcohol ink from Dreamweaver Stencils and mushed it around.


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the Cottage Rose stamp, it's so shabby chic. Also, love the idea of dying the fragments. Way cool, Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous! I love the caligraphy sampler stamped over everything. Gives it great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This freakin' rocks!! Gorgeousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag, what a funky way to colour it - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Loving those citrus colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)